Did you look into the mirror today?

The mirror does not reflect your character. I have, therefore, made writing my mirror.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Soc"i"al Network"i"ng

Programming the literary device results in a bug:

a web host that doesn't operate in prose,
a wall post that doesn't separate friends from foes.
Social networking has synonyms in staying connected,
idling,
stalking,
gossiping,
assuming,
and mocking.
Status updates that don't speak the mind, don't express but impress...
Games that don't entertain but distress...
Strangers that request friendship be ignored...
Becoming fans of strangers however is encouraged and bode...
Badges to pin on pages define who we are...
But sometimes allies will tag and tell and raise the bar or mar...
Are we looking in the face or booking on a face?
If I share this wall, what about MySpace?
Without these, my God, how will I twitter, how will I pitter-patter?
the tattles might be bitter, the rattles they clatter...but how does all this matter?
I just published this and earned myself a gossip platter...comment, like, dislike, share, stare?

2 comments:

  1. Hehe! i like this!!!it's like a tragi-comedy! humorous, yet something to ponder. my fav lines being:

    "If I share this wall, what about MySpace?"

    Great pun on the words!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete